Friday, December 16, 2011

So Put Together

I may look like I am put together... I have on clean clothes, my hair is done, I'm even wearing make up! But below the surface I'm hiding a deep, dark, prickly secret.... I'm talking about my legs, people!

If you told me 5 years ago that I would barely have time to shave my legs, I would be one of those snotty girls that exclaimed, "children and work will never hinder me from maintaining myself! You have to make it a priority!" HA!! I laugh at that girl and implore her to relish her well manintained, silky, smooth stems for the next 4 years. I maintain myself alright, about once a week when I am able to get out of bed the first time the alarm goes off..

Priorities? Let me tell you about my priorities - in no particular order...

  • Raising happy, clean, fed, and healthy kids
  • Getting enough sleep to make sure I'm only on the brink of insanity at all times
  • Being a maverick at work
  • Being a healthy momma
  • Beng a good wife - shockingly, without shaving my legs!

The clean clothes, make up, and hair are just icing on the cake and part of an illusion to fool you into thinking that I am sooo put together! The biggest thing I have going for me right now is that it is chilly out and therefore, I am able to keep my deep, dark, prickly secret hidden under a pair of wool trousers...

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I'm with ya, sister! I haven't worn a skirt in months. I thought about shaving this morning because I want to wear a dress to a holiday party tonight, but my shower was interrupted by my early-rising 4 year old. I might be able to shave before the party...or else I'll wear tights and boots to hide my prickly secret!