Here are some of the fun challenges I am facing in 2012:
- I have a 3 year old, enough said, but actually he is starting to ask difficult questions like the other day he asked me how mommies push babies out of their bellies... excuse me, this is starting already? He is also testing his boundries and we are trying to teach him that he doesn't get everything he wants every second of the day... this causes many a temper tantrum!
- Little Miss Audrey is turning the corner from infant to toddler! She's just 8 months but she is starting to pull herself up and cruise around the furniture, she's sprouting teeth, and she's developed this interesting water phobia in which she clings to me with a clutch so powerful that my only choice is to give my arm a bath, sleeve and all, right along with her because she will not let go!!!
- My new job. It is AWESOME, but it has me using brain cells that haven't been used in awhile and I'm pretty spent by the time I ride the commuter bus to my car, drive my car to pick up the kids, and finally get home! Which leads me to...
- Fitness - when I am going to fit it in?!?! Between my commute, picking up kids, and everything else I am in charge of - there doesn't seem to be much time, or daylight! I need to figure this out quick because I have decided to sign up for the Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10K, which will take place on March 31st and... training begins January 21st!! I will be doing a group run each Saturday and then I have to follow the weekday training on my own.... nervous, scared, and excited.... this is my first ANYTHING!!!
- Saving $$$$. I do not want to be in our tiny home for much longer and now that I have a more lucrative job, I'm hoping to pay off some debt and save more money. This may involve a research project!
- Organization - I already got a head start :) See post :)
So, as you can see I've got a pretty good list, which will probably double by the end of the year, but I think it's important to continually work and improve and develop and so 2012 promises to be an interesting, yet challenging year!!