Every year, our family heads up to the mountains near Charlottesville, VA to enjoy the Carter's Mountain Apple Festival. Here are some pictures:
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
1. My fitness - my jog/walk program is going strong! I am on week 4 and I am now completing 1.65 miles in 23 minutes and I have lost 7 pounds!
2. My new phone - I'm sure everyone is sick of me talking about it, but I switched from Blackberry to iPhone 4s and...it was life changing! I am now categorizing my life as Amy before iPhone and Amy after iPhone!
3. The Eagles won against the Redskins!!!!!!!
4. On Saturday, we are taking Vincent to see Yo Gabba Gabba Live and I cannot wait! This is our family of three at the show last year in our DJ Lance Rock glasses:
5. Halloween is coming and this is the first year Vincent will be Trick or Treating. He is going to be Buzz Lightyear - it's going to be adorable! Now, to figure out Audrey's costume!
I'm thinking either:
B. Pumpkin - Very traditional, which I like, but will it be too warm?
C. Snow White - Of course I would finish off the look with a red bow as well!
6. Audrey's sleep training is going well and I'm feeling more rested!! Praise Jesus!
7. Next week, Audrey is 6 months old! At her check-up she will be getting her ears peirced!! So excited!!!
8. Thanks to Pinterest, I have sooo many fun recipes to try out in the coming months! Cooking is fun!!
9. My Fall wardrobe! Between being pregnant last Fall and losing weight this Fall, I feel as though I have a new wardrobe, even though I haven't been shopping - it's awesome however I do want a new purse which I will treat myself to once I lose 6 more pounds!!
10. My social life! Having a baby takes you out of the game for a bit, but I'm feelling very social once again and that makes me happy!
Monday, October 17, 2011
For Sunday night dinners, I'm always itching for some good ole' comfort food and I'm on a major Sweet Potato kick right now, so I picked up a chicken roaster and some sweet potatoes and worked some What's Cookin' magic!
1 Whole Chicken
4 Sweet Potatoes
3-5 Stalks on Celery
1lb of Baby Carrots
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning
First things first, you got to get choppin'! Chop up all the Veggies, you can chop them as big or as small as you want! Next, slather your bird with some extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle on the roasted garlic and herb seasoning (as much or little as you like) on the inside and out. Arrange the chicken and veggies in the roasting pan like so...
be sure to season the veggies with a little salt and pepper and stick it in the oven!
I baked in a 400 degrees oven for about an hour. I used a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken was cooked. Poultry should be 165 degrees farenheit. Then, I pulled out the bird and let him rest for about 5 minutes. Here he is ready for eatin':
Here are the delicious veggies:
Vincent, my three year old, LOVED this dish! I believe he got 3rds which is saying a lot as we all know how picky our little ones can be! He was even sneaking some off my husband's plate. I really enjoyed the sweet potatoes, they came out moist and tender and really complimented the chicken! This meal was also a one pot wonder and oh so easy so I could focus on more important things like...
laundry my new iPhone 4s.