Monday, January 16, 2012

Baked Teriyaki Chicken - What's Cookin'

This recipe was absolutely DELICIOUS and soooo easy! Make it tomorrow!

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch

  • 1 tablespoon cold water

  • 1/4 cup white sugar

  • 1/4 cup brown sugar

  • 1/2 cup soy sauce

  • 1/4 cup vinegar

  • 1 clove garlic, minced

  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

  • 6 chicken thighs ( could also use chicken breasts)



  • In a saucepan, I combined the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, black pepper, white and brown sugar, ground ginger, cold water and cornstarch. I mixed it well with a spoon and heated it until it got nice and thick.

    Here's the homemade teriyaki sauce all mixed up:


    Here's the teriyaki sauce with some heat:


    Next, I poured the sauce over the chicken, making sure to cover every inch!







    I placed the dish uncovered in a 400 degree oven and bake for approximately 35 minutes.

    Here's what came out of the oven:



    I served with rice and broccoli and it was fabulous! It was a little sweet, but I'm sure you can add less sugar if you don't like a really sweet teriyaki. I would also line the pan with foil because that sauce was a pain to scrub off the sides of my Pyrex dish! Try it, then let me know how it turns out!

    No comments: