Monday, March 12, 2012

What's Cookin': Better than Beef Turkey Burgers


I discovered this recipe for Turkey Burgers about 2 years ago when I was trying to find alternative to red meat. I've always liked Turkey Burgers, but the ones I made at home always came out so... bland! The first time I made these burgers was for a bbq that we were having at our house. I made both beef and turkey, but the turkey were gobbled up almost immediately, putting the beef patties to shame! That is when I dubbed them the "Better than Beef" Turkey Burgers!

Ingredients

1.25lb of Ground Turkey
3/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
1 egg
1/4 cup of fresh Cilantro, diced
1 red onion, diced
1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce
1 dash of Worceshire Sauce
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of ground Mustard
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
1 teaspoon of black ground pepper

Instructions:

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients....



Form into patties...



And cook! I cook mine on the George Forman grill, but you can broil, grill, or cook in a frying pan! Be sure to cook thoroughly to a warm 160 degrees farenheit! You can't eat these babies raw!

Sooo good! They're definitely a favorite in my house, even my 3 year old scarfs down these Better than Beef Turkey Burgers!!

Enjoy!!

No comments: