Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Herb Stuffed Chicken - What's Cookin'

After the past two weeks with my somewhat complicated recipes, I was excited to find a nice and simple recipe for this week. Especially since I had been feeling under the weather for most of the week, had an insane work week, and am overall just feeling behind in all aspects of my life - don't you love when that happens? So, here it is - Herb Stuffed Chicken - delicious!

Here's what you need:


Ingredients:

1 pkg of boneless chicken breast
1 cup of feta cheese
1 cup of finely chopped Canadian Bacon
1 tablespoon of Rosemary
Salt
Black pepper
Garlic powder


In a bowl, i mixed together the feta cheese, the canadian bacon, rosemary, pepper, and garlic. I just sprinkled in a little garlic and black papper for a little kick, but you can use as little or as much as you want.


Next, I made a horizontal slice in the chicken breast, much like slicing a roll open.


I spooned in about 2 tablespoons of the filling and held the "sandwich" together with toothpicks. To finish it off, I coated the outside with a mixture of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.



I placed the chicken in a casserole dish and put it in a 375 degrees F oven for about 30 minutes. This is what came out of the oven:


I paired the chicken with broccoli and rigatoni in a cream sauce.


Overall, this was a tasty, easy, and fast dish to put together. My family really enjoyed this meal! Vincent was scarfing down the chicken!

Do you have recipe suggestions? Leave a Comment!

No comments: