Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Adobo Chicken - What's Cookin'

So, this week... I cheated! It's a recipe I have done before, but a.) it's not a regular weekly meal and b.) everyone keeps asking me for this recipe... so here it is: Adobo Chicken!

Here's what you need:


Ingredients:

8 Chicken thighs (you can also use chicken breast, or even pork - I prefer something with bone so the meat does dry out)
1 - 2/3 cups of Soy Sauce (I used lower sodium)
2 cups of water
1 green pepper
1onion
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of lemon juice

This recipe is super easy! Combine all of your ingredients in a large pot (or crockpot) bring to a boil and then
let the liquid boil down for about an hour.

Before I started cooking, I let the chicken marinate for a couple of hours in the mixture. Here it is:
appetizing right?

After letting it marinate, I added the chopped onion and pepper and let the cooking begin!



Here's Vincent's plate:


Since this is a Filipino dish, I paired it with white rice:



Sooo good! My hubby loves when I make this dish since it's a taste of home! Enjoy!

Suggestions? Pictures? Contact me!

No comments: