Sunday, August 28, 2011

We survived (and never lost power)!!!

It's the day after Hurricane Irene made her way through Richmond, VA and we survived! Actually, the hurricane gave us the perfect reason to hunker (I love that word) down in our house and be super lazy - don't judge! After traveling to Delaware and back in less than 24 hours and working 52ish hours last week, I deserved a day in my super fabulous yoga pants, spending quality time with the hubby and our children! And when I say quality, it truly was, because even though we never lost power completely (ducking and covering since most people I know still haven't gotten power back) the power flickered all day which meant.... no TV...

So what do you do all day with an almost 3 year old and no TV?

  • Have a sword and missile battle with koosh balls and a soft play sword
  • Bribe him to go poop in the potty (and he did it!)
  • Dump out every.single.toy on to the living room floor
  • Use a fishing rod to "fish" for said toys on the living room floor
  • Run out of ideas and leave him to his own devices
  • Stare out the window
  • Break down and watch cartoons using the laptop
  • Put the kids and yourself to bed early!
I hope everyone stayed safe and had a great indoor day. I hope the power comes back on soon for all of you who lost it!

No comments: